Property Division In Divorce Chula Vista, California, Attorney

I am attorney Victor Mordey, and I represent clients who are facing divorce and subsequent property division determinations. Whether your property (or your spouse’s property) is located in California, out of state, in Mexico or in another country, please do not hesitate to contact me to find out how I can help.

Dividing Property And Debt In Divorce

The division of assets and debts is a major part of any divorce. When a marriage is ending, it is necessary to determine how marital property will be divided. This includes both assets and debts.

Since California is a community property state, all marital assets are subject to property division in a divorce. This includes property that was acquired during the marriage. As an experienced divorce lawyer, I can help you divide all types of property in your divorce.

International Property Division

My law office is located just 10 miles from the U.S. border with Mexico, and I have experience representing clients in international property division cases in Mexico and in other countries. Dual-country divorce cases tend to be extremely complex due to multiple jurisdictional factors. It is necessary to understand both property division laws in California, as well as the property division laws that apply in the country where assets are located. Sometimes, the fact that property is located in a foreign country may preclude it from being divided by a court in the United States.

If you or your spouse own assets that are located in another country — whether that involves real estate, stock options, bank accounts, or foreign businesses — talk to an attorney who has experience handling these complex cases. I can assist you with the following:

  • Foreign asset valuation
  • Foreign property identification
  • Foreign property division

I speak, read, and write Spanish fluently, so I am well prepared to assist clients in international property division matters in Mexico and other Spanish-speaking countries in Central America, South America, Europe, and beyond.

Contact a San Diego Asset Valuation Attorney

For more information about property division in a domestic or bi-country divorce, contact my office in Chula Vista by calling 619-409-7900. My office is located just 10 miles from the Mexican border, and I frequently represent clients who have property on both sides of the border.

I offer cost-effective representation including payment plans and low retainers. Credit cards accepted.

Learn how you can use the interaction between family law and bankruptcy to your advantage.