Alternatives To Appeals | Chula Vista Lawyer

If you have received an unfavorable ruling in your family law case, you may have considered seeking an appeal in an effort to achieve an outcome that better suits your needs and the needs of your family. However, did you know that there may be options outside of an appeal that may allow you to achieve the results you desire in your case?

I am attorney Victor Mordey, and I am a family law and appellate attorney in Chula Vista, California. I can help you understand your options when it comes to alternatives to appeal (which are known as post-judgment proceedings). Options may include:

  • Motion for new trial
  • Motion to vacate and enter different judgment
  • Motion to set aside
  • Motion for reconsideration

Please read the information below, or contact my law office if you have specific questions about your legal options.

Alternatives To Appeals: The Benefits

There are many reasons why an individual may wish to avoid an appeal. The appellate process can be costly and time-consuming. Conversely, post-judgment proceedings tend to cost less than appellate proceedings.

Appeals are directed against the judge who has ruled against the party. One of the main benefits of an appeal is that the case is argued before three new judges. It is important to know that it is often possible to engage in both post-judgment proceedings as well as an appeal. Talk to an attorney to find out what option may be most beneficial for your case.

Exploring Post-Judgment Options

Post-judgment work, like appellate work, is complicated and not all attorneys have the knowledge and experience to effectively address these types of issues. As a family law lawyer with more than 20 years of experience who also handles appeals, I am ready to help you explore your options for remedying your family law case. I can assist with any of the following:

  • Divorce (including military divorce)
  • Property division
  • Parental move-aways/parental relocation
  • Child support and child custody issues
  • Grandparent visitation rights
  • Post-divorce modifications
  • Child abduction cases (national and international)
  • Attorney fees

Contact A Chula Vista Family Law Attorney

For more information about seeking an alternative to an appeal for your family law matter, contact my office in Chula Vista by calling 619-409-7900.

I offer cost-effective representation including payment plans and low retainers. Credit cards accepted.

Learn how you can use the interaction between family law and bankruptcy to your advantage.